Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking unwanted +224 numbers

NatNat87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I keep getting phone calls every 2-10 minutes, it is all day everyday! Is there a way to block all unknown numbers. Other option is to change my number.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@NatNat87  You can block all unkown numbers, but that can cause problems, such as not being able to receive doctor's calls, which are usually withheld numbers. If the calls are coming that frequently, a number change may be the only solution. O2 will allow you one free number change. You'll need to speak to customer service. 8-8.30 am is the best time to call. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 19

Beth12
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It is happening to me atm!! Who are they? I've blocked 2 numbers beginning +22 but they keep phoning back minutes later with another number!! I phoned it back and it said it was that mum and dad thing when you're child has ran out of credit and they reverse the charge to yourself but none of our family use this and all have phones with plenty minutes and data!! This has had me worried sick since it started and I've spent the last hours getting hold of all our children and family incase something had went wrong with their phones but everyone is safe and sound..Thank God!! My nerves have been shattered and my hubby and I have been worried sick..Please someone tell me who is doing this as they certainly know what they are doing..Contacting a mother who has children ranging from 13 to 27 on a Saturday night!! Help me please find out who this is??????
Message 3 of 19

Beth12
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Unknown +22 numbers calling all hours on a Saturday night!!..Who is it????
Message 4 of 19

Beth12
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just happened again
Message 5 of 19

ChrisH80
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's a scam! I spoke wit O2 about this as I had over 30 calls yesterday from tel numbers in guana and botswana. O2 are aware of this happening and I was told their fraud team are investigating, so it appears that alot of O2 numbers have been accessed by some overseas fraudsters who want you to call the number back to scam you. PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER OR CALL IT BACK.
Message 6 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Beth12  If you called one of the numbers back you may have caused yourself a problem. You need to contact customer service. 8-8.30 am is the best time to call. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122378 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @NatNat87  @ChrisH80  @Beth12 

You would be well advised to follow the info in this guide https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-advice

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

Wendy21
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Going to o2 today to see about a new sim my husband can't turn his phone on
Message 9 of 19

Sass
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My son has been getting them all night too! He answered one call and it was just quiet so put phone down and was charged £2 for ringing a premium number for 15 seconds! O2 said to report the numbers to the police!!! Said they cant do anything about it except change his number or use an app to block - all the calls are different numbers and all from places like algeria and guinea! So very difficult to block but that is what hes trying at the moment as O2 were not very helpful - DO NOT ANSWER THE CALLS OR RING THEM BACK!

Message 10 of 19