Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a premium rate text message

spireman54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have received a text saying thank you for subsribing to OFFERGURU you will be charged £3 per WEEK unless you cancel sending STOP to a premium rate number. The other numbers provided are outside the EU and do not exist according to O2.  I asked O2 to stop any payment but they said they could not do this as the charge is from a thrid party and has apparantly been approved by me.(which it hasnt) So I am trapped into 

a) paying £3 per week for every or

b) calling a premium rate number that could charge me anything they like and still not stop the texts. 

The company appears to be in India so there is little I can do with UK protection agencies.

HELP

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

TomMutter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You have no doubt fixed this issue by now but for the benefit of customers looking at this for the first time the solution is simple;

-Call O2 and they will bar all 3rd party debits on your account. They will also reimburse you for any extra charges from the scam company.
Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@TomMutter wrote:
You have no doubt fixed this issue by now but for the benefit of customers looking at this for the first time the solution is simple;

-Call O2 and they will bar all 3rd party debits on your account. They will also reimburse you for any extra charges from the scam company.

In your dreams I'm afraid Yes some advisers will reimburse, others won't and then it's a matter of following the helpful links. The bar apparently won't stop scam premium texts.

Message 12 of 12