cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked messages from 87066 number (Tap2Bill)

mwy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been receiving text messages from 87066 when i ring and try to stop them the line goes dead

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@mwy wrote:

I have been receiving text messages from 87066 when i ring and try to stop them the line goes dead

Hi @mwy 

See community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

87066.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@mwy wrote:

Hi @mwy 

See community help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...

87066.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @mwy and welcome to the forum! I hope the info @MI5 shared above helps, but please do let us know if you have any additional questions slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 6

Molly88
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Molly88

Although I have been with 02 for several years now, at the beginning of this year (2019) I received two bills, both completely off the charts charge wise.  First £33, second £59. My regular payments since last Sepember, when I went sim only, as my new update was faulty and I was given iphone 5s by family, who are also with 02.  So obviously there was something seriously "up".  Turns out £4.50premium rate text from a company called either Stripey.com or StripeyGiraffe.com or Tap2bill these are the names I have investigated.

Please, can anyone help me? 02 deny any responsibility. So how did this company get my number? I have written 2 complaint letters to 02 Head office, both ignored. Tap2bill say I typed my email address in a banner, when I opened their email, this accepted their terms and conditions to send offers via Stripey as often as they liked? Firstly the first email landed in Spam, so i had never seen it, let alone opened it and typed in their banner, my email address? 

This is a lot of money, of coursem with 02 all services stop the minute your bill is overdue, late fees came crashing in, no one will speak to you via "chat" they kept referring me to the Tap2bill number, of course, not a free number? I have ad two emails back, but they simply just repeat the same garbage in each one, and I am not reaching any kind of agreement the words "I did not subscribe" were what 02 told me to say, got me nowhere? Has anyone had this, I am sure I read on Community Forum a couple of weeks ago about this, and that guy was getting nowhere.  3 helped their customers with a three way call - 02 are avoidng any liability, Please could you help me?  Molly slight_smile

Message 4 of 6

Molly88
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear EmilleT

I posted a message, as a direct result of reading your 2018 message (all I could find on forum community). I would be grateful as you are Admin.  if you could direct me to any posts about this Scam please, I need to go forward with my refund procedure, even though it is looking pretty bleak right now.

Thank you very much

Molly88 (registered today)

02 User for 8 years slight_smile

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Molly88 

I have answered your question here on your own thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Tao2bill-Stripey-Com-StripeyGiraffe-Com-SCAM/...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6