Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted

Johnwills11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought a iPhone 12 second hand and I was told it was locked to o2. I have got home and found out it was blacklisted the seller has gone all silent and refuses to give money back what can I do to unblacklist it 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Johnwills11 

Nothing I'm afraid. It looks as if you are the victim of an insurance scam. This is when people claim phones are lost and receive money from the insurance. The phone company then block the phone so it can't be used be anyone 'finding it' and scum then sell these phones to people like yourself

Not sure if you bought it from Ebay or a similar marketplace site? If so report the seller to the site and also report to the police as you are the victim of a crime. Selling blacklisted phones is illegal.

I'm afraid you have bought yourself a very expensive doorstop! A lesson learnt the hard way I'm afraid.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Johnwills11 

Nothing I'm afraid. It looks as if you are the victim of an insurance scam. This is when people claim phones are lost and receive money from the insurance. The phone company then block the phone so it can't be used be anyone 'finding it' and scum then sell these phones to people like yourself

Not sure if you bought it from Ebay or a similar marketplace site? If so report the seller to the site and also report to the police as you are the victim of a crime. Selling blacklisted phones is illegal.

I'm afraid you have bought yourself a very expensive doorstop! A lesson learnt the hard way I'm afraid.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2