cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Credit Check - Error by O2 sales team data entry. I have a perfect Credit score previously!

LucyD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been trying to become a new customer with O2. 
I ordered a phone through Cara on the 02 sales support online chat and got the confirmation email with the order number [Personal details removed].
I had no correspondence from you as to shipping etc and I waited a week before getting in touch with yourselves.
The person I spoke said that it would be out for delivery in a couple of days, no problem. 
It did not, so I phoned again.
I was then told that my order had been cancelled. 
I spoke to customer service who eventually said that it was due to a credit check declined. 
I believe that it is something your end, with the way my information has been data entered by your sales person. 

I would like an explanation of exactly what I have done wrong, as I have done a credit score myself and I received a 999 score a perfect score.

I understand that this may affect my credit score for other things in the future so I need to know what exactly I have done wrong for my score to have been registered as bad by your company, when all I have tried to do is become a new customer with yourselves.

I have no outstanding debt, with you nor anybody. 
I have just taken out a new contract with BT for broadband with absolutely no problem at all. 
I own the house I live in outright having paid off my mortgage.
I have a permanent full time job for local government in the legal field.  
I own a vehicle and pay tax, insurance.  Everything is on the same bank account, and the same card that I used to set up an account with you. 

So, I need to know what it is that I did that was bad with your company, as this needs to be resolved.
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LucyD 

You need to ask the CFR team but you are unlikely to get an answer tbh......

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@LucyD 

You need to ask the CFR team but you are unlikely to get an answer tbh......

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2