cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** BEWARE ** DIGITAL VIRGO AKA TOP STREAMIN SCAM !!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

HAVE BEEN  charged £4.50 a week by above company ..  just randomly .. somehow they have managed to take 4.50 a week from my 02 acct.. have reported this to O2 ( s africa call centre ) 

hope can 02 allow this  scam ???!! it well documented on the internet see

here

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fr.clicnscores.com

02 what are you doing about this ???

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I share some detail with all friends:
the Welcome text and the Receipt reminder text were received in the same day;
however, the second text said, You've subscribed to TopStream for 4.5 Pound a week after 1 day free trial from TOPStreaming until you text STOP to 60367,... I asked O2 to check the bill after the strange charge happened, according to O2 reply, if you want to stop this so called service you need to text STOP to 89365... WHAT, ANOTHER DIFFERENT NUMBER?...
Look, anyone who met this kind of matter, what they will do? I believe at least half part of people would be afraid of text to a strange number, they whould selcet nothing to do; another half people might try to text STOP to the given number... Only very a few people would dail to O2 to check who is the third party and which number he would text STOP to is correct? ...
Who knows whether it's the KNOW-HOW of some kinds of game? Good luck!...
I believe if you find something looked not so normal, report to Action Fraud or the Police is not a bad choice. It will provent or reduce kinds of telecom fraud happen on anybody.

Message 21 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 124360 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Digital Virgo contact details are here http://www.digitalvirgo.com/en/contact-en/

. Easy enough to get in touch directly and ask them to unsubscribe you from their service and ask for a refund.

It has been proved that texting Stop does not work...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not so easy. If you contact with them, you are required to give your name, telephone number and email to them first, then you only can leave a message to submit to them. It's looked no channel to ask for a refund except a message.

Message 23 of 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/BEWARE-DIGITAL-VIRGO-AKA-TOP-STREAMIN-SCAM/m-p... Post 4 this thread has all the info to sort this issue and was marked as the solution I would advise if affected to follow the advice ion the linked help thread 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 24 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 124360 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not so easy. If you contact with them, you are required to give your name, telephone number and email to them first, then you only can leave a message to submit to them. It's looked no channel to ask for a refund except a message.

Although the official route is always the way to go... this can take time. We have frequently advised people to contact the company directly and they have had success with refunds and being unsubscribed. Both routes are the way to go, I was suggesting an alternative which is known to have worked for many in the past. 

People willingly sign up to these firms for their services.Only you can let them know you unwillingly subscribed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93353 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6986 Solutions

Texting was another charge on your bill so it actually costs you to unsubscribe and no refunds. That's why calling is much the better option. 

Message 26 of 26