Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting sms on WiFi calling response

Louise148
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Could 02 please update its customers on when we can expect to have sms available on WiFi calling.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Louise148 wrote:
Bambino It is a community question. 02 have not replied and I was asking for comments from the community if they are aware of any updates.

Well, you didn't word it that way to be fair, you stated

"Could 02 please update its customers on when we can expect to have sms available on WiFi calling

Not

"has anyone heard anymore information regarding texting on the WiFi calling service?"

Message 11 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Louise148, and welcome to the forum! I'll check on my end if there's anything new on this and share any information I get here slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @Bambino!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 17

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

We were told that sms over wifi would be available sometime this year but they are rapidly running out of time. Who knows really? O2 will just announce it when/if they are ready.

Anything known at your end @Chris_K that you can share?

Due to the complexity of the functionality, this is still something we’re working on. We want to ensure we’re as thorough as possible with our implementation and tests to ensure it works flawlessly when we launch it for customers in 2019.

As soon as there's more progress or updates to share, i'll make sure you guys are the first to see it.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 13 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good info that it won't be until 2019 but which quarter it will be implemented would be even better info.

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know it's on the way, even if it is delayed (again)!

Would love to know why it's proving so complex for o2 to get their head around... EE and Three have managed it, BT (MVNO and owner of EE) have implemented it despite technically running as a MVNO off of EE. The irony is that WiFi Calling was designed to be from the ground up a fully-functioning IP based system for all services (i.e. Voice, SMS, MMS, Visual Voicemail etc.). Why on earth networks like o2 (and VF) have decided to go for the half-baked implementation of Voice only is beyond me. clown

It's just such a shame that the choice for consumers in the UK is "EE = fully implemented and correctly working network features" or "o2/Vodafone = better indoor coverage".

Message 15 of 17

seanbean
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does anyone have an update on this?
Message 16 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@seanbean The latest update is now in your previous topic, here slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 17