Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Connect to WifiExtra

GravyTrain
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I regularly use wifi in Costa Coffee and normally connect to O2Wifi when I am there.

I accidentally clicked on WifiExtra and now it constantly tries to connect to that rather O2Wifi. It never actually connects but there is not the normal option to "Forget" this network. I am currently unable to use wifi when at costa!

Is there a solution to this i.e. either prioritsing O2Wifi or forgetting WifiExtra? I understand WifiExtra is an O2 product so is there a reason that is not connecting?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
All O2 contract customers can access WiFi extra so it must be a problem with the hotspot that is preventing you from connecting.
It's different to other hotspots in that it is controlled by your SIM card.
You should be able to tap on the normal WiFi connection in your settings though to override the failed connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

GravyTrain
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried selecting the O2Wifi option but after connecting intially it then tries to connect to the WifiExtra one. So I constantly have to keep selecting it or leave my connection on mobile data only.

Very frustrating as the O2Wifi option has worked fine for ages and does not seem to be a simple fix. How would I investigate the WifiExtra hotspot not working - is that something I contact O2 about?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Best to contact the venue hosting it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
WiFi extra help here too if of any use ?
https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/about/extra

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @GravyTrain, and welcome to the forum smiling I was wondering if you were now able to connect to the WiFi without any further issue? Please let us know how you're getting on!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

GravyTrain
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No not resolved yet. It prioritises wifi extra and constantly tries to connect but never does. I can manually pick o2 wifi and override it temporarily but it will revert back to wifi extra whenever it thinks the signal is stronger. I would just like to go back to how it was using o2wifi and forget wifi extra but i cannot do anything. It's a pain as i spend a of time in this area and am constantly without wifi.
Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @GravyTrain, I just sent you a Private Message to get some more details and see if we can help you further with this from our end - when you get a chance, it'd be great if you could have a look and reply to me slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8