cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know how long a phone takes to get to O2 using their recycle (fear mine is lost in post)

Pinkeye
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I shipped my old (t)rusty S8 off to O2 recycle via their prepaid packaging last monday, got tracking id from postoffice, all good stuff.

However it still hasn't been received by O2. The prepaid tracking that O2 use only tracks when the package is signed in at the post office and signed out when delivered. 

I thought it was a 48 hour tracked delivery so surely they should have it by now. I tried contacting O2 about this who where... less than helpful, telling me to use the post office tracking number to track the parcel, dispite me telling them that a) YOUR postage level you use only tracks in and out, and b) it was signed in at the psot office but no futher action.

Should I contact the post office enquire? I thought as it was O2's responsibility, as it was their prepaid shipping label, essentitally they are shipping an item to themselves.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Pinkeye it's most likely arrived but not unusual for it to take a week or more to be scanned in by O2.

Keep chasing them up daily.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
To put it into context @Pinkeye, I sent something back to o2 on 18th Feb by recorded 2nd class and it apparently has not been received yet.
I know it has because the person I sent it to has confirmed they have it!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10767 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Very frustrating @Pinkeye 

but you will need to keep following it up

so that they don't go to sleep on it (sort of):shirty:

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Pinkeye, I was wondering if there had been any progress with your package since you last posted? If you need any further help with this, please let us know - we can get someone on our end to look into it. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

Pinkeye
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all your responses.

It's been 14 days since I handed over the phone at the post office and their tracking system says it was received at the post office I gave it to but still has't been delivered to destination.

I've contacted Royal Mail but they cannot tell me any more than that - the tracking only gets updated twice, when it gets signed in at the post office and when it's signed out when delivered.

I even went back to the post office and double checked with them that it did go that day and it's not lying in a corner of the room somewhere.

I've emailed O2 recycle today to find out if it's been recieved yet. If it still hasb't been received then it looks like I will have to file a claim for loss with Royal Mail as it's over 10 days from the expected delivery date.

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Pinkeye! I'm not sure how much I can find out on my end, but I'd happily give it a go - I'll send you a Private Message shortly to get a few more details first, have a look in Messages in the top right of your page to read it and reply to it slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7