Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime extra activation link not working

SimOnlycustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I upgraded my sim-only deal this afternoon which came with a six-month Amazon Prime membership. I've just got in from work and tried to activate it  and got the following message:

"It looks like your activation link is no longer valid. You might find the reason here."

I will try to get a hold of someone at O2 tomorrow when they open up, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem and whether they managed to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SimOnlycustomer 

Our guide on Extras is here Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

If it doesn't work then contact O2 on any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support and they will add it for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SimOnlycustomer 

Our guide on Extras is here Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

If it doesn't work then contact O2 on any number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support and they will add it for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SimOnlycustomer 

Have you tried using your phone on mobile data?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

SimOnlycustomer
  • 27 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for that. I should have mentioned at the start (sorry, long day) that I was already paying for Prime after the conclusion of a previous offer. However, when I confirmed the switchover to the new tariff I received a text message almost immediately telling me that the extra had been cancelled and I would be refunded any overpayments. The system then let me choose Prime as an extra on the new deal and sent me the email with the link. The rest is described as above, so will contact them tomorrow.

Message 4 of 10

SimOnlycustomer
  • 27 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes - all working fine and my account page reflects the new contract and Prime as my chosen extra.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I meant trying to redeem the offer on your phone using mobile data so it is reading directly from your sim @SimOnlycustomer 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

SimOnlycustomer
  • 27 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I tried that earlier on the app and also on a web browser. Same message came up about the link.

Message 7 of 10

SimOnlycustomer
  • 27 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a hold of O2 customer services who resolved the matter quickly and efficiently. Thanks to all who answered.

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased to hear it @SimOnlycustomer  thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

FionaB
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. How did you get hold of O2 support. I've tried and just got an automated message telling me to try going on line. If I opt to speak to someone the voice says 'thanks for calling, bye' and the call is cut! I'm going round in circles as my free extra offer slowly ticks way to nothing. 😔

Message 10 of 10