Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial direct.... HELP!!!

Shaunaxx231
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’ve recently discovered My mother who is 76 years old has a business contract with Aerial Direct.

Her bill this month was £201 and from July she has paid almost £500 in contract bills. She’s been in isolation since March and her only contact with family is by calling us. I contacted o2 today thinking that my mums contract was with them and to find out why she was charged this amount and they basically were of no help at all and told me to deal with aerial as it’s their contract. My mum has never received an email, or a bill or even a message from either o2 or aerial direct to say that she had gone over her 500 minutes allowance, she didn’t even know she had an allowance!!! I had to give the guy in the o2 call center my mums email address to send bills for the past 12 months as they hadn’t got her email.

I will be contacting aerial tomorrow as they have limited hours as it’s the holidays.

Has anyone any advice on how I should go about this as my poor mum was cold called and signed into a 36month contract that she really didn’t understand.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Shaunaxx231 

Search the forum....

These thieves have been conning unwary customers for years!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Shaunaxx231
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m gutted for her, as she thought she was getting a decent deal and has been completely robbed
Message 3 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Unfortunately, that's the only thing they appear able to do @Shaunaxx231 

Citizens advice might be a good place to go for advice if O2 aren't prepared to do the right thing by her.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hello @Shaunaxx231
Hi there and welcome to the o2 community forum.
Read your message regarding your mother's phone bills from Aerial Direct, it's absolutely appalling that companies need to scam innocent elderly people into taking out totally unsuitable contracts to make money.
My thoughts are if you are calling Aerial make notes of your call..and get all your ducks in a row..know what they have charged your mother, when the contract started and does your mother have a written copy of the contract, if not ask for it. Keep notes of the date, time and name of person you speak to.. outcome of call. Ask for the name and address of their CEO.
Write a letter to the CEO send it recorded delivery and keep receipt of posting and copy of letter. When you write your letter mark it "sent recorded delivery" and copy to CEO at O2 head office. A letter to O2 CEO appeal to his
/her sense of decency, enclosing copy Aerial letter.
These letters will be helpful when/if you get in touch with Citizens advice bureau.
Hope this helps you and good luck, best wishes.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Shaunaxx231 We have been given to understand that using Resolver is a good place to get some help.

Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 17

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Shaunaxx231
more info. for you
GOOGLE name and address  for CEO of O2

Telefonica 

It will take some effort and work but from what you say there's a lot of money at stake with a 36 month agreement -(so called..one party not aware of it of course).
Don't lose heart keep going there's no room for this type of scam selling..I am quite sure CEO would not wish to be part of it, plenty of customers out there for legitimate selling practices.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 17

TallTrees
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Aerial Direct UK
1 Barnes Wallis Road,
Fareham,
Hampshire,
PO15 5UA

THE CEO is David Kilby
Mark all envelopes Personal bottom LHS

Surely he wouldn't want his name attached to this kind of behaviour. A Business Account for an elderly vulnerable person? Over zealous selling ..!!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 17

Shaunaxx231
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I will look into all the options today to see if I can get this resolved, thank you for all of this information - I have a list of what I need to start with for today so hopefully we get something sorted, I’m sure I have a fight on my hands and I will definitely not let this go.
Message 9 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck @Shaunaxx231 thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 17