Did you mean: 

Account block due to suspected fraud!

SMKab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello,

I have lost my phone/sim and tried to organise a replacement sim via/phone/live chat & in-store but have had no help from O2 customer service team.
I used my work number  and attempted to call  customer service line but after being put on hold for 20+ mins I gave up. I later attempted the live chat but the signal cut out for me and eventually the customer service rep closed the chat and advised me to call customer services.

The next day I tried calling customer services again but experienced really long wait times again. I drove to my nearest O2 store in Croydon to try and organise a replacement sim but was told the account was locked and I need to call customer services.

I called customer services again and waited for nearly 30 minutes, when I finally spoke to a customer service person, I was notified that my account was locked for suspected fraud. I asked to speak to someone in the fraud department but was told it closed at 4.30pm and I should try again tomorrow.
I asked for a number, but was told there was no number available and when I challenged this, I was called rude then put me on hold with no warning.
I waited another 20mins and someone from your accounts team finally answered, the person I spoke to told me they could not help and then transferred me back to customer services.
I was on hold for another 15 minutes before another customer service rep came on the phone. I was then advised  that they could not speak to me about any detail on my account.
I asked how I can resolve this issue but there was no guidance given.

Given that my phone is lost, I am unable to receive any calls to my existing number  I am desperate to resolve this quickly. 
I urgently need to set up my new phone but will be unable to do so without a replacement sim.
I have been a loyal o2 customer for years because I thought that the customer service was better than competitors but now, I feel completely let down.
This whole situation has been exasperating and reflect very poorly on O2 as a company and service provider.

If this situation is not resolved asap and I will be cancelling my direct debits and closing my account with immediate effect.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@SMKab See this: Lost or Stolen O2 Device

Instructions on how to download and use Skype to call O2 0800 numbers for free can be found here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@SMKab See this: Lost or Stolen O2 Device

Instructions on how to download and use Skype to call O2 0800 numbers for free can be found here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10113 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@SMKab 

First off dont cancel any Direct Debits, as o2 will come at you for any outstanding amounts and will use debt collection agencies and sell your debt., 

Also the Fraud team can't tell you anything due to the FCA Regulations and the laws around Fraud investigations this is known as "tipping off" So you will have to wait for them to conclude their investigations and they will be in touch. 

You can try contacting o2 on social media and see if they can offer any insight if any; just send them a message on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

SMKab
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone have any idea how long an investigation may take, I am at a loss😑

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10113 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@SMKab 

How long is a piece of string and it depends if they have to involve any law enforcement agencies...  I'm sorry to say...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5