Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 WiFi calling

Roxern
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased an A70 last week and I was told had WiFi calling . I've been on line to try and see how to do it ( easy on last phone ) but can't set it up .. I really need this as live in an area with no signal !!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you called customer service to make sure wifi calling is enabled on your account/ Call don't use chat.

You can also activate it in My O2 but it can take 24 hours.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Roxern 

Follow help here https://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/network-support/wifi-and-4g-calling 

Firstly you need to add Wifi and 4G Calling to your account. You may have to do this if you purchased your device before 19th May 2017.

• For personal tariff customers – Sign in to My O2, go to Device Details and tap Wifi and 4G Calling where you can then add the service to your account.
  • Business customers – Contact Business customer services, your Digital Advisor or Business Partner.
  • Once your new services are added to your account, follow the instructions below to enable Wifi and 4G Calling.

You can turn on Wifi and 4G Calling in your device settings -

1. To enable Wifi Calling, go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi calling. Make sure Wi-Fi calling is set to On. To switch off Wifi Calling, set the toggle to Off. If you can’t find the settings here, try going to Phone > tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Settings > scroll down to find Wifi Calling and toggle On.
  2. To switch on 4G Calling, go to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > 4G calling. Make sure Wi-Fi calling is set to On. To switch off 4G Calling, set the toggle to Off.

If you don't see a Wifi Calling or 4G Calling menu option, you may have to update to the latest software:

• Go to Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.
  • If a new software update is available, select 'Download now'. Once the download completes, your handset will prompt you to install a new version of the software. You can either select 'Install update' or schedule the update overnight.
  • When the install process starts, the device will display the Android installation status bar and then restart. Your screen will show the installation has completed. Select 'OK'. You may need to wait for your device to optimise your existing apps for the new software.

Please note: This set-up process may re-start your device but you can get these instructions by email.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you called customer service to make sure wifi calling is enabled on your account/ Call don't use chat.

You can also activate it in My O2 but it can take 24 hours.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 3 of 6

Roxern
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks will have to nip to store I think
Message 4 of 6

Roxern
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you . WiFi toggle isn't showing and on my 02 page I have WiFi switched on . Checked the updates and it is fully upto date .... the WiFi calling part just doesn't appear to be there! 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Roxern 

Call 202 to check it's activated on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6