cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Skegness/ingoldmells. Great work O2.

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Soooooo. I'm currently in Skegness/ingoldmells with the dog and matesand I was so happy to get 4G signals. Everyone else has E signal. Wahahahahaha. Sadly this means my 20GB of data is being used up via tethering.

Where else have people got signal and been impressed?
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Yes, indoors should be better on O2's frequency, but EE's should travel further outdoors.
I too use EE for work and have noticed a huge improvement over the last 12 months - I even have 4g at home on EE with no sight of it anytime soon from O2 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 27

McGrath1982
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 49 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
From my last post about 4G in Crewe Cheshire on this post I've only had it a couple of times around town but now on the O2 network app for iPhone I got this message

If we're doing work on the phone masts near you we'll tell you about it here.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Updated 13:30 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

For the last 4 days the signal around Crewe CW1 has been terrible tbh.... And on the app it's said network masts have been worked on in the last 48 hrs.
Message 22 of 27

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

McGrath1982
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 49 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anybody said on here at some time about seeing the update then how long till O2 update the 4G etc in the area....
Message 24 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you're asking about Crewe the service status page says work is still ongoing and you might have problems.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 25 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Once work has started it takes around 14 days. ..That was my experience in my area. 

Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @McGrath1982

From what I've seen, one of the Main masts is having quite a few unplanned outages, that might be the reason why you only just noticed the upgrade work being done. Unfortunately there's no estimated fix time that I can give you, but the engineers are working on it , so hopefully it wont take long slight_smile

Message 27 of 27