Did you mean: 

4G Smartwatch plans

Ryanf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying a Huawei Watch 2 (bought a P30 Pro last month) but the 4G capability is confusing.  Does O2 support these 4G enabled devices?  The watch has a slot for a nano-sim but I can't find any concrete information on just how it works exactly.

My question is because I do alot of hiking, and would rather leave the expensive phone at home on the more treacherous hikes, hence the 4G smartwatch.

Any help much appreciated

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ryanf 

O2 only support the Apple watch series 3 and 4 for sim capability.

All other smartwatches need to be paired with a phone close by and cannot be used as a standalone device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ryanf 

O2 only support the Apple watch series 3 and 4 for sim capability.

All other smartwatches need to be paired with a phone close by and cannot be used as a standalone device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Ryanf
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply.

It's crazy that we can buy the most up to date technology, but it's practically useless to us.  Another example is WiFi calling on my P30 Pro.  You guessed it, not supported by O2.  Makes me wonder why I stayed with them for so long at times

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Can't argue with that 😁

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

TomWykes
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Surely if it has a sim slot. just take the one from your phone and use that. just like swapping phones.

Message 5 of 5