Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Abroad

Edina
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been having this issue for months now. Every time I go abroad and take my phone off airplane mode and attempt to use the mobile data in the Euro zone the following message is displayed on my screen ‘ Could not activate mobile data network’ ‘You are not subscribed to a mobile data service’.  Even outside of Euro zone where I need to pay.

I have gone to the local O2 shop and customer service assistant was very helpful, looked into the issue also at this point changing my plan to Sim only. I went abroad shortly after and it seemed to be working fine. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I try to used it again abroad, same issue occurs. 

I return to the O2 shop and they look into it. I have been told everything seems to be in order on their side on the system. O2 travel is active, they’ve changed the spend cap which was on 0 just in case and they couldn’t generally find anything to cause the issue. 

Unfortunately, it is getting a little bit frustrating as I travel a lot with work and it has become an inconvenience. I do have an older model of IPhone, perfectly functional though. I wonder if the SIM card needs a change as it is quite old, but then again as soon as I am back in the UK, all seems to be okay, no issues whatsoever.

I am desperate for advice or any other ideas, otherwise I’m going to have to do porting of number and move to another carrier. 
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7768 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Try changing your APN from

idata.o2.co.uk

to mobile.o2.co.uk.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7768 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1641 Solutions

Try changing your APN from

idata.o2.co.uk

to mobile.o2.co.uk.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93892 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

No data

These are some tips to try :

•   Reboot phone.
  •   Manually search for a different network
  •   If using an iPhone, change data apn to  mobile.o2.co.uk
  •   Call customer service to check for any roaming bars
  •   Or if you message O2 using the social media links below, they should be able to help you with this
Message 3 of 3