Did you mean: 

3G & 4G signal issues in Canary Wharf London

GazManDoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All, 

Does anyone else suffer from terrible voice and data quality in CW London (E14) ? I can be stood in the middle of any open space or indoors on the 40th floor of one of the towers by a window with no signal. I literally show 2 bars of "E" on my Iphone X. all the reboots in the world don't resolve it. Sometimes it will show 3G or 4G but the speed and quality is nonexistant. Additionally I know of 2/3 friends that have the same issues. Alternatively I have collegues on EE and Vodafone stood right next to me and they are completely fine. 

I have spoken to O2 Support who as recently as last Weds informed me that there was an issues in the area and that it would be resolved in 1-3 working days.. I told them that I didn't believe this to be true as this has been impacting me for MONTHS!!

Think its time to move to one of the other service providers considering I spend the vast amount of my waking days in this location.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I was on Vodafone back in 2015 which back then had massive issues in the same area. 

And I’m pretty sure you have the same problem with O2.

All down to one thing...

CAPACITY

Basically theres not enough network bandwidth to handle your handset and goodness knows how many others in the area. 

In fairness O2 are probably working on a solution right now involving rejigging existing spectrum such as 900 and 1800mHz to enable it to be used on 4G. Then of course theres the new 2300mHz which seemed to go off like a rocket in parts of London. In the case of Vodafone who had a far greater allocation of bandwidth than O2 did they’ve had to throw everything including the kitchen sink at it and now have alleviated the problem.

it will get better and London is a massive priority for O2 so I’d expect it to be sorted out soonish. 

Message 11 of 11