Did you mean: 

£250 Cashback Problems

MarkyMark1980
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon,

I have recently upgraded my phone and I now qualify for £250 cashback on a phone when I recycle it and it has a value of £1 or more. I have tried multiple times via your website and also the o2 app to no avail.

I've also spoken to multiple (8 to be exact) customer service and recycle team members (these guys are only open mon-fri 9-5) who apparently cannot help me.

The order number which I'm supposed to put into the promotional code box is saying it is not valid.

I'm pulling my hair out that such a simple task  is proving so difficult and I'm beginning to wonder whether having 7 different accounts with o2 is the wrong thing to do - I can never seem to get a straight, simple answer when it is required....surely you have someone who can help, given that it is YOUR website and app that are not working or accepting promotional codes properly?

I'm hoping someone there can assist or I will be very shortly leaving o2 as a customer.

Thank You

Mark

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@MarkyMark1980 

It can take upto a week for the 2 systems to update, as one is run by o2 and the other Ingram Micro for o2. 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

Thanks

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

MarkyMark1980
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the help @madasaf1sh 

I do have a question though....

What is the point of the systems taking up to a week to update when they have all your order information on the screen and they ask for your details, surely this can be verified much quicker than a week?

It could also cause problems if you don't actually have 7 days (or is  it 5 working days?!) until the end of the deadline for the promotion that is currently running presumably?!

Thanks again for your help, but it's not really a sufficient enough answer for me. I always expect better standards from o2 having been a customer for over 20 years.

Currently on hold to the cancellations team as after 9 different operatives and multiple hours wasted on the phone, they are still no closer to fixing it.

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@MarkyMark1980 

I don't work for o2 so I can't answer the questions you pose..

A lot of networks have moved to making you wait until the change of mind period ends, so you can't then cancel the contract. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

MarkyMark1980
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I hear you fella, and I do appreciate your help, honestly!

I did think it was maybe the 14 day change your mind period, but alas it is not as both customer service and cancellations team have confirmed it, the order number which they emailed will simply not work and everyone is stumped as to how to fix it.

Simply put, they're losing my business and future dealings as I've spent obscene amounts of time of the phone since Friday trying to sort this out, the customer service on offer so far has been nothing short of abysmal sadly.

Message 5 of 5