Did you mean: 

2 returns envelopes received

codolod
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I recently took out a new contract and changed my mind on the device, so have returned it. I spoke to a customer service assistant on Thursday / Friday the other3rd / 4th December, and was told I'd receive an envelope within 1 - 3 days. I received an padded envelope in the post that weekend, which was also shipped with an O2 packing slip listing 1 item called "Returns Mailer". I duly posted my phone in that envelope at the post office and took a proof of postage receipt. Then this weekend I received another envelope in the post. This had a different address on it, I only know this as this envelope has "o2 returns" in the address, and the other one didn't, which I had noticed and thought it must be a security thing. I went to find the proof of postage however I can't find it anywhere (I can still check at my office, however the building is locked until tomorrow). I don't have a record of the address that was on the other returns envelope & am concerned that I've just posted my phone to some random address, does anybody know of any alternative addresses that O2 use for returns, or does anybody know anything about the returns process that can shed some light on how I would have received 2 envelopes?

I'm currently in a queue (edited: did say "on hold") with the customer service line however have a call with wor in 10 minutes so most likely will have to hang up, hoping I might be able to get some help with this in case I don't manage to get in touch with them before this evening.

Tl;Dr:  - I posted my phone in a returns envelope that was clearly from o2, possibly lost the proof of postage, and now I've received a second returns envelope with a different address & I don't know what I can do to try and not lose this device.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@codolod 

You'll need to hang on for customer services to check what notes are logged on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@codolod 

You'll need to hang on for customer services to check what notes are logged on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @codolod hope you're doing well this week. It's been a few days since you posted about your device return issue so hopefully you managed to get things sorted since then with customer service as advised above. Let us know if you have any further questions though at any point. slight_smile

Message 3 of 3