cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable
After sending away my iPhone 6 to o2 recycle (with the promise of £137), I have now been informed that the phone I have sent has 'heavy damage' and I would be offered £27! Knowing this was definitely not the case with the phone I sent (which was fully functioning), I phone o2 recycle only to be told the iPhone battery can swell due to the change in temperature at the warehouse! The woman immediately changed the offer price on the phone to £48 however this is still not acceptable and no fault of my own. Has anyone got any experience of this or any advice on how to take this further?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149615 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Very common if you have a search on the forum.
Complaints process on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94104 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

This has been a widespread topic on here with many unhappy people. All you can do is ask for the phone back and check its the same IMEI number. 

We normally recommend taking photos of the phone before sending it. 

Personally I would never use this, and this is only my opinion, shady company. Ever. 

Better to use CEX or sell privately. 

Message 3 of 4

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

We are sorry to hear about your poor experience with O2 Recycle. In case it helps, you will always have the option to accept or to have your device returned. 

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 4