Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Travel Bolt On - £6.00 daily

Bronzen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am travelling to Turkey in September and it appears I should download 02 Travel Bolt On.

I am totally confused. When do I request/activate 02 Travel?. When I arrive in Turkey?

Do I turn off Data Roaming/Mobile Data/ Voice Mail ?

Do incoming phone calls/texts activate the £6.00 charge?

I am all in a tizzy...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148865 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@Bronzen 

Activation is automatic when you arrive.

Data roaming needs to be on.

Voicemail off Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Incoming texts are always free and so are incoming calls when using the bolt on.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

✔If you have the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Ultimate Bolt On, you can roam here at no extra cost.
✔ You can use the O2 Travel Bolt On, which gives you unlimited minutes, texts and data for just £6 a day. You can opt-in to O2 Travel by texting TRAVEL to 23336. You’ll only be charged for the days you use it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7800 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

You can activate it any time before you go. Mine is on permanently 

The £6 is any day you are connected to the network. Calls in and out and anything sent to your answerphone.

If you are not wanting data turn data roaming off

Also turn off your answerphone 

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Best option is to put the phone into aeroplane mode and just turn wifi back on

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 9

Bronzen
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many Thanks MI5.

So i don't need to text TRAVEL to 23336, just opt in when prompted on arrival in Turkey?

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 148865 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@Bronzen 

You can do either,, but might be safer to do it at home so you know it will be there when needed,

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38218 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Do take care - the opt-in text will be chargeable when you land in Turkïye, if that is how you propose to add O2 Travel, @Bronzen - and it can take 24hrs to activate.

How do I get O2 Travel?

If you’re on Pay Monthly but don’t have the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On, you can add the O2 Travel Bolt On. Before you set off, sign in to My O2 to check if you have it.  

Get the O2 Travel Bolt On by texting TRAVEL to 23336, or add it in My O2.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 148865 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

Adding instructions already given above.

Message 7 of 9

Bronzen
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Thanks for all help of late.

Off to Turkey tomoz. Travel 02 Bolt On in situ.

Should activate when I land?

I will keep Data Roaming ON

Turn off Mobile Data - will use hotel wi-fi.

Is turning off 02 Voice Mail advisable?

Sorry about the silly queries, but I really am a dinosaur re- Mobiles etc.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 148865 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28444 Solutions

@Bronzen 

It will activate automatically when your phone registers on a foreign network.

Turn off voicemail whilst in UK Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Data roaming needs to be off as well as mobile data unless you wish to use mobile data.

Message 9 of 9