cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone been sent off for repair...if it cant be fixed i will be given a 'like new' one!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a iphone 5s and have been having issues with it so took it inot o2 on saturday just gone and have been told that it needs to be sent off for repair.

i have been told that if the phone i currently have cant be fixed i will revieve the same phone but it will be 'like new'...i have had a like new phone in thepast when ive had to sent previous phones away for repair and they just dont last!

if they are unable to fix the phone i have i think i should recieve a new one not a 'like new' one as i brought the phone out right when i got the phone and paid for a SIM contract.

has anyone else been in this position?

thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The policy states that after 30 days the phone is no longer new and will be replaced with a refurbished phone.
Nothing wrong with them either. I've had loads of them and they are just as good as new.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The policy states that after 30 days the phone is no longer new and will be replaced with a refurbished phone.
Nothing wrong with them either. I've had loads of them and they are just as good as new.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Eklevaya
Level 3: Thinker
  • 29 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@H96

You heard it straight - you get the phone repaired, or a refurnished one.

We will 'replace your phone' said to you when you took the contract - is going to be refurbished phone & not a new one ...as they make it out at the O2 store 

Period !

Hope you do make Peace with it !! 

Message 3 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I think you'll find this is very, very, very common practice amongst all manufacturers and retailers.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All covered in the T&C's
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5