cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi in Costa Cafe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Costa Cafe offers free O2 WiFi. Great. To log in and use the WiFi, I need a pass code, which they send me through my mobile phone. All worked with my previous laptop. With my new laptop, I made a mistake when I entered my phone number. No pass code. Not to worry they say, enter a new number and we will send you a new pass code. THAT'S A LIE. I entered my correct number (about 20 times) and there is no pass code message. Ever. I think this is a bug in the O2 WiFi system for Costa. They store the first entered number and never replace it with an update.

What is more frustrating though, is that there is no help - nobody to ask, nobody to notify about the problem. Hence - the rant here. Anybody with a suggestion?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous

In addition to the previous suggested answer, I have some success of my own. I use Firefox and disable adblocker and 'forget Costa network' before signing onto it again. It is working well since.

Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You've probably used too much and they're restricted you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure I understand previous suggestion for remedy; can someone please explain.   As to suggestion that I've used facility too much, I have used it intermittently but regularly for some two years - typically over a couple of consecutive days every 4 - 6 weeks when in the area.   As a Coffee Club member I believe access is unlimited, so why should I be excluded (if the case) without notice?   Can I re-register, with a new club card if necessary?

Message 13 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm not familiar with their T&C's for use but it may be worth you checking them to see if they apply any restrictions.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 18

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I know o2 wifi have a 10GB limitation per month.  And as Costa uses o2 Wifi it may be the same.

i know of 3 Costas that Wifi is poor at the best, but the some Wifi at costa ok.

speeds are not amazing at Costa no matter how much you try.

now McDonalds Wifi which is O2 is great.

But Costas not brilliant.  My question like last time is are they not paying a huge amount and using normal Adsl at Costa?  Who knows,

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear all your browser's history and cache, then connect to the O2 Wifi network, then navigate to any webpage, then the Costa WiFi login page should come up.

Message 16 of 18

DexBrentnall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dex Brentnall 

Message 17 of 18

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6586 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1487 Solutions

@DexBrentnall This thread was from 7 years ago.

If you have a question, start a new one

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 18