cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website fault stops me buying phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I keep trying to purchase the Samsung J5 2017 as a Pay as you Go for £169.99. As I understand it, this is an offer price only available this weekend.

Spent 3 hours yesterday going round in a circle, entering payment details, seeing the payment processing screen but then being returned to the enter payment details screen again rather than the order going through. Had a live chat for another half hour at the end of which, the assistant contacted someone else, confirmed there was a fault on the website and I should try again in an hour. Did this, same story. Tried again at midnight last night and then just now. Still the same fault.

My question is: is this fault going to continue all weekend so that it's impossible to purchase the phone while it's on offer? Will the offer be extended so people can actually buy the phone? Is there any other way of buying the phone, such as calling up O2? I'm unable to get into the shop as I'm housebound. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for question, Marjo, and thanks everyone for the suggestions. Tried everything but was completely unable to buy phone online. Even phoned up O2 and they said they had the same faut on their systems. In the end, I was able to get a family member to go into a shop and buy the phone for me as the offer was up that day. Very happy with phone now, though.

Thanks again everyone.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The website is rather broken it seems at the moment 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143441 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You might also want to try a different browser or clear the cache and cookies from the browser you are using now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! Sorry to hear you had trouble buying from the website. Did you manage to do this in the end or are you still struggling with it?

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for question, Marjo, and thanks everyone for the suggestions. Tried everything but was completely unable to buy phone online. Even phoned up O2 and they said they had the same faut on their systems. In the end, I was able to get a family member to go into a shop and buy the phone for me as the offer was up that day. Very happy with phone now, though.

Thanks again everyone.

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Always best instore in my opinion. Happy you got sorted and enjoying the phone 📱 😀

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again everyone.

Excellent news (eventually) @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Great news that you managed to get it in the end @Anonymous! Thanks for the update. slight_smile And good to hear you're happy with the new phone so far!

Message 9 of 9