cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! CALLER 0330 303 5323

Anonymous
Not applicable

Warning with 0330 303 5323 Caller.

This 0330 303 5323 are fake O2. I received a call yesterday 4:22PM 27 March 2017, and its a long conversation and I was convinced its real O2 company but then the girl on the line kept making mistake with the prices of iPad Pro deal. I asked her to send me a copy of contract. She has taken my Bank details and all information. But then, I got suspicious when she did not send the contract confirmation. I contacted O2 and asked if this caller is legit and if it is O2 customer service. None of the O2 staff recognised this number so I had to cancel all my direct debit with O2 as they have my bank details. I contacted my bank also to cancel the card I revealed the information with them. So do not trust this number they are FRAUD!!!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I had a call from this number yesterday but didn't remember this thread. Can't remember much these days to be honest.

Anyway,as I'm receiving and making calls from and to many organisations such as Occupational Health,  Mental Health, Social Services, Utility Companies, Wythenshawe Prosthetics, Welfare, Blackburn Council, my old doctor, my new doctor I just have to answer all these numbers that aren't yet in my contact list.

Got all the usual patter,they knew my name, phone and account number, house number and postcode. Due to circumstances ive developed quite a bad stutter and i was asking him on a long  winded stutter why he if he is o2 did he think he had to call me during my hospital lunch when my marketing preferences are clearly set for no calls? He said that because there were such good deals he could offer me O2 are allowed to override those preferences for these special deals. Yeah right!

Now this is an impatient guy who kept trying to finish my words and sentences for me. A person who stutters will tell you just how annoying this is, especially to me whereby this is a relatively new condition. Iasked if he could confirm my address for me which he obviously did.

I asked him if he could change it for me....I knew he didn't have editing rights if he was working off an O2 data base .Obviously he said he couldn't. When I asked he still insisted he was calling from O2. I simply (well not quite so simply as my stutter gets worse the angrier I get) said you young man are a liar and do not call this number again. Hung up and blocked the number.

Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with peoples comments here.
I can prove that this is O2 fault and they are in fact selling our information to third parties. I have someone call me claiming to be o2 and during the call they proceeded to quote my exact data usage back to me.
Luckily I realised through the operator not knowing the phone specs he was trying to sell me.

On a side note if anyone here is a lawyer please contact me, I have raised this with o2 and haven’t event had a reply.

Message 12 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Did you raise an official complaint?
https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 21

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you also checked your marketing preferences in My O2 or have you changed them recently? It's probable that our numbers are passed to 'partners' before we get to change them from the default settings. Also the change wouldn't come into effect for a number of days so even more time for what is probably an automated system to pass numbers on.

Message 14 of 21

RDUK93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the information and sorry to hear they got your bank details. This number has been trying to call me for the last 3 days, I will block it. This happens at least once every month, a scam 02 caller and its very annoying! I dont trust any 02 calls these days unless I've rung them. 

Message 15 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RDUK93wrote:

I dont trust any 02 calls these days unless I've rung them. 

Absolutely correct @RDUK93.I am exactly the same...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 21

RobbyB
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Given these posts started over a year ago, don't you think O2 would have done something about this?

Message 17 of 21

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@RobbyB wrote:

Given these posts started over a year ago, don't you think O2 would have done something about this?

That would be a definite no!

Message 18 of 21

audrey213
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Called me twice today. Didn’t answer as it came up fraud.

Message 19 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Block it so they can't call you again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 21