cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking code

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi... Can someone please advise me,i upgraded to a Galaxy S7 and want to unlock it,i went on my O2 and entered the IMEI and received the code but the phone is still locked,should i attempt to get another code or any other suggestions? Thanks in advance. Dawn

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Contact customer service and ask them for the eight digit PUK code or find it via My O2. This will allow you to set up a new sim pin but you do need to do this before proceeding further. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What did you do after receiving the code?
You need to put a non o2 sim in the phone and it will ask you to enter the code to complete the unlock.
Also,make sure it is an unlock code you have and not a PUK
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi... I received the code by e-mail, followed the instructions using a non O2 sim and entered the code then received a message saying "SIM network pin blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"... Should i try and obtain another code? Thanks Dawn

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Contact customer service and ask them for the eight digit PUK code or find it via My O2. This will allow you to set up a new sim pin but you do need to do this before proceeding further. 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What sim did you use as it sounds to me like you need the PUK for you non o2 sim?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the same subject I have a factory reset O2 iPhone 6 and want to use an EE sim in it. How can I do this? If I buy a PAYG sim for 99p can I insert that, go through set up and then get the PUK number/unlock code via My O2?

Many thanks in advance

Terry

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, just follow the PAYG route in the link I posted above but make sure you ask for a classic PAYG sim so that your top up won't be taken for call allowances.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,  

Did any advice help you out? Thanks for letting us know!

And thanks so much @jonsie and @MI5 for all the help Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 8