cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Code for HTC One X

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had a HTC One X since XMas last year, from O2.

Just paid off my current contract and requested an unlock code. No problem said O2 on the 27th July.

I took out a NEW contract, paying more, got a new handset. 14 days later, after my holiday, still no unlock code. SInce then I have spoken to 4 different advisors, all quoting 24 to 48 hr maximum before I get my code via email. I dont have one, still.

The one I just spoke to has offered a £10 credit to my bill if he doesnt get my code for me by Wednesday night....should I hold my breath?!

Ridiculous, and unnecessary.,

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

So does the new phone have a new number?

Which sim is in the phone you want unlocked?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

New phone has same number. Currently NO sim in old phone, but have tried an Orange one.

O2 keep saying they will send me an unlock code as soon as they get it from manufacturer???

But ive been promised it after 48 hours 4 times now....one of them even offered £10 compensation as a credit to my account if it didnt happen. It didnt, and now I'm arguing with the NEXT operator about the promise.

Getting VERY tedious and time consuming now. I just want it unlocked. Not difficult.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up paying £7.95 for a third party company to unlock - https://www.simplyunlocked.co.uk/index/modelcountry/HTC/All-HTC-Models

Only took 10 minutes and worked like a charm.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That's always an option for some.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Indeed. Even if the thread is 4 years old...Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
We didn't have our unlock thread at the time either so i'll stick it in for the benefit of anyone else finding this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8