cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to claim free Samsung Convertible Wireless Charger after purchasing Galaxy S8+

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was sent a leaflet with my new phone saying I'm eligible to claim a free wireless charger. 

However, when I visit the link Samsung.com/uk/02wirelesscharger - the page isn't found.

I then contacted 02 webchat and they gave me a number to call - 01425284000 - I called it but the personm who answered said it was the wrong number.

Cutting to the chase then....

Has anyone actually managed to claim the charger AFTER trying the broken URL link? If so - how did you do it?

Thanks, Steve

Message 1 of 36
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steve (and everyone else of course! grin )

Quick update and answer. I spoke to 02 and you have to wait until 14 days AFTER you purchase or upgrade your phone before you can claim. No idea why but there you go. If you look at the actual advert it doesa say this but its written in such a way that it's about as clear as mud :D.  Enjoy your new phone mate and hope you get the charger soon too.

Steve O (great name by the way! :D)

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Try this link http://www.samsung.com/in/offer/galaxy-s8/wireless-charger-redemption/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, I don't have the My Galaxy app shown in the "how to claim" instructions. I have a Samsung My Galaxy app but it is completely different to the one shown. 

Message 3 of 36

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I would have thought that would have been sufficient?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 36

KevinF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's because the link you posted has a number '0' for O2 instead of the letter O - change that and it works slight_smile

Kevin

Message 5 of 36

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yup, this works too
https://offers.samsungpromotions.claims/gb/en/pages/o2wirelesscharger/country-select

Currently using:
Message 6 of 36

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@KevinF wrote:

It's because the link you posted has a number '0' for O2 instead of the letter O - change that and it works slight_smile

Kevin

Good spot 👍

Message 7 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also tried to claim my free charger after buying a Samsung S8 but cant get the site either think its a con

Message 8 of 36

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have also tried to claim my free charger after buying a Samsung S8 but cant get the site either think its a con

Have you tried this link ?

https://offers.samsungpromotions.claims/gb/en/pages/o2wirelesscharger/country-select

Currently using:
Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 36