cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharer Plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a family we have 3 phones on sim only deals, each with their own data limit. Every now and then one or more of us use up our data and I add a bolt on to cover us for that month. I also want to add a mifi for when we are away from home.

A Sharer Plan seems to be the ideal solution for us to provide a pool of data for all of us to share, which would be far more efficient.

Reading up online I establish one phone needs to be the lead device and that need to be on a Refresh tariff. No problem, I expect/hope can 'upgrade' my phone to a suitable plan with enough data for us all. Once that is done I will apparently be able to add existing devices to the plan through My O2. But nowhere can I get a sensible answer to what these extra devices will cost each month. I would hope it would be less than a sim only deal which includes data. The magazine quotes £16pm for unlimited minutes and texts (which we don't need) and comes with 5GB of data. The price quoted in store today to add a device to a sharer plan was £17.

No one seems to know anything about sharer plans on the phone or chat.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans Is this link any good 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Data only sharing I believe is £7.50 a month and full sharing was £15 but that may have gone up to 17 now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for that. I've read that link several times before posting. It explains the mechanics but nowhere does it give any figures, particularly for the phones using the shared data.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually there are figures (in the magazine) for adding a data only devices to a sharing plan - for tablets or mifi devices. It is £1 for a 12 month sim only, £1 for 24 month refresh or £8.50 for a 30 day sim only. But these sims are providing nothing but connectivity, data being provided by the lead device.

Message 5 of 5