cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM showing as invalid (stopped working)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an O2 prepay SIM which has stopped working/will not accept a top up.

It was a replacement for a previous faulty SIM and was sent to me less than 6 months ago.

I can supply the phone number if necessary (but don;t wish to do so on an open forum)

How do I get it working again? (The number is used for authentication purposes for certain online services)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous It sounds like you need a new SIM card. You can pop into a local o2 shop & get a sim & they will do a sim swap for you or you can order a sim online then do the swap yourself 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Not sure how a sim card fails to accept a top up as you top up the account not the card.
What exactly is happening?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried cleaning the contacts on the sim card its self?? sounds daft but sometimes a quick wipe of teh simcard... if not looks like you need a new sim as it seems to of failed!! not sure why its not accpeting top ups!! 

Message 4 of 5

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It was a replacement for a previous faulty SIM and was sent to me less than 6 months ago.

How do I get it working again? (The number is used for authentication purposes for certain online services)

Have you used the SIM to make any calls/SMS in that 6 month period ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 5