cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement World Chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received an email from O2 with details of the replacement for world chat. In principle it is cheaper per minute calls which looks good. The email says that this will be available from early next year however I had been chosen to trial the service and that a bolt on had been automatically added to my account.I was given the following link 

https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial

Problem is Ive made some calls to South Africa today and been charged the full per minute charge .

Anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
My charges for the overseas calls have now disappeared from my bill. Touch wood for next time I call overseas.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah, there's a few other similar posts on here already.
Seems is not really live yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Post here is been looked at by one of our community managers https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/International-Calling-Service/m-p/1088750#M1399...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

O2 are certainly going to be liable for some refunds with this trial...Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Absolute shambles as usual. Appalling that they send these texts before it's actually active. 

Message 5 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! How are you doing today?

Since this is a trial, the costs will initially show as the old price. After a short while the charges should show the new International Calling price in your My O2. Please do let us know if this doesn't happen, however, and we can take a look into it for you. slight_smile 

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi @Anonymous! How are you doing today?

Since this is a trial, the costs will initially show as the old price. After a short while the charges should show the new International Calling price in your My O2. Please do let us know if this doesn't happen, however, and we can take a look into it for you. slight_smile 

@Marjo

Can you please feed back that we need much better information on the website. I got the text but it isn't showing in My O2 as a bolt on. There is nothing to show I'm on the beta trial and I'm loathe to try it and then have to try and get charges recredited from a customer service advisor who has never heard of it. 

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
My charges for the overseas calls have now disappeared from my bill. Touch wood for next time I call overseas.
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good news @Anonymous. Keep us updated though with future call charges?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9