cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money being taken from my bank account

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i stop O2 taking money from my bank account each month? I do not have a contract phone but a pay and go phone. Money has been taking out of my account for a few months now and i am not getting any benefits from this. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Are you on a sim only contract? 

Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like you are paying a direct debit for a contract so if you are not aware of this you need to contacts customer services asap http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have contacted customer services through the live chat and they told me to go to the bank and said they didn't see that i had any contracts or that money had been taken. I am going to go to the bank in the morning but I don't know what's going on tbh. But the money has been taken out through direct debit.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

My sim is just a standard pay and go sim. Someone from O2 upgraded me to a texts bolt on but unless i got tricked into a contract i haven't been on one.

Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I would advise you call rather than rely on live chat who are well known for getting things wrong.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

We are sorry to hear about your problem. Did you get it fixed? If you check your account under https://accounts.o2.co.uk/ you can see you actual tariff and bolt ons. Maybe a Top up automatically was set up? Please let us know so we can try to help you further! Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A bit confused here. Where is the question that @MI5 has answered from the OP? All I am seeing currently is a response from MI5 and @MercedesS? (Two posts)

It looks as if it was moved from one section and it's incomplete?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I can choose the solution too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 17