cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lovely in theory, however I had my phone stolen in Paris. I reported it immediately to O2, who blocked it. 

Returned home to discover that unauthorised calls had been made AFTER I reported it stolen.

I have spent hours on three separate chats to O2 advisors, all of whom have confirmed that I am not liable since the calls were made after my report. Each one has promised to refund my money, but on each occasion they have done precisely nothing.

Is this standard for O2, or do they actually have any customer service skills?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Credit refunds have been known to be missed despite reassurances that they have been actioned. Not your job remit @Martin-O2 @Marjo but please make a nuisance of yourselves until this has been reported actioned by @Anonymous

Message 21 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 have now put a credit on my account, but they have charged me a late payment fee and not credited the VAT on the erroneous charges. So, my account is still showing as being in arrears.

I wish I could convey to O2 the enormous amount of distress this has caused me, it's beyond a joke.

Message 22 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Martin-O2or @Marjo. Is there anything else either of you could do to sort this out for @Anonymous?

It appears O2 are offering small refunds but there should be no late payment fee charge etc.  This account should be clear by now surely?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 33

jonsie
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

This really isn't good enough. This is their job and no doubt they sleep well in their beds at night whilst causing anguish to customers  they should be taking care of. Why can't this all be dealt with at once rather than a little at a time? Late fee is quite laughable though I doubt Tina is laughing!

Message 24 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I am not laughing.

I do not have the time or energy to spend yet another hour in online chat with O2 either.

Message 25 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Sorry to hear that you're still having problem's with this. I've escalated again my end and will get in touch as soon as I hear back. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 26 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Martin

This is now URGENT, since O2 have disabled my phone and I am completely unable to make outgoing calls. 

Message 27 of 33

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You couldn't make it up!
Martin is on vacation so I'll tag @MercedesS for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 33

jonsie
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Come on o2, this is not hard or complicated. Can you find someone in customer service who actually gives a damn @Marjo ?

Message 29 of 33

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

We are sorry to hear about your problems but, we have been told it has been fixed. Can you confirm, please? Thanks!

And thanks @jonsie@MI5 and @Cleoriff for all the help and support Hero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 30 of 33