cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number with a pre-ordered phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've recently pre-ordered the Samsung S8, due for delivery on the 20th April, and have the PAC number from my existing network to port my number to O2. However, I'm not sure on when/where I need to supply this information and would like to be able to use my new S8 as soon as possible (realise this could be a day after porting). 

The O2 website says "Let us know your PAC when you place your order. Once you've ordered and received your temporary O2 number, fill in the keep my number form. Your temporary number can be found in your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. You'll also need the number you want to keep." There was nowhere to submit my PAC when ordering the phone, and I don't know how I am meant to order my temporary O2 number; I haven't received any confirmation email with phone number details, other than my pre-order information confirming the device and store to colllect this from. 

Am I meant to collect a temporary O2 number and/or SIM on the day I collect my device or is there another way I can get this underway?

thanks! 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Porting takes 2 days unless done over a weekend when it's longer so ask for the port as soon as you get notified of delivery and your new o2 number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Porting takes 2 days unless done over a weekend when it's longer so ask for the port as soon as you get notified of delivery and your new o2 number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2