Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 travel conflicting information

Markojemo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm travelling to Amsterdam on Friday and wanted to make sure the O2 travel bolt on was on my account, when I click the little blue information button on the bolt on section of my tariff and allowances the following appears:

Get all the data, minutes and texts you need while you’re away with O2 Travel. It’s free in Europe so it really is like home from home. Somewhere else? It’ll cost £3.99 a day in Turkey and £4.99 a day outside Europe. And you’ll only be charged for the days you use it. There’s no upper usage limit on data, but data speeds will vary with usage. For calls and texts a daily cap of 120 minutes and 120 texts applies. For data used in non-O2 Travel countries a £43 monthly spending limit in Europe and a £40 monthly spending limit outside of Europe applies.

Now reading that it seems to suggest that using your phone in Europe is free right? Yet on the main O2 travel page it says that using my phone in Amsterdam will incur a £1.99 per day charge. Anyone able to provide some clarity on this?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Not only is it potentially a cause for confusion @Wa10, but it's a complete misrepresentation of what O2 Travel actually is, and should say that it applies only to certain tariffs. As you are an O2 employee, perhaps you can pass this on to the appropriate department so it can be looked into?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 31

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

It's been cleared up above @Bambino, and as @MI5 suggested it's actually dynamically populated info - so for a customer who has standard O2 Travel (like me) it says what the relevant costs are. If however you have the benefit of a free O2 Travel bolt on like @Markojemo then it will show it as being free.

Whilst I do work for O2, I'm on here as a customer without my "work hat" on. So I may sometimes be able to use my knowledge as an employee to help answer questions, I can'tdo anything internally I'm afraid. slight_smile By all means though, please pop a suggestion in the suggestions forum and I'm sure the guys will look into whether the wording can be changed, or perhaps highlighted in some way to make it clear it's free as a result of a promotion. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 12 of 31

Markojemo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No worries mate. Enjoy Amsterdam:)

First time for me going, already booked the Heineken experience, canal cruise and a few other "touristy" things.

Message 13 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Markojemo wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
No worries mate. Enjoy Amsterdam:)

First time for me going, already booked the Heineken experience, canal cruise and a few other "touristy" things.

Excellent. You'll love it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I have just travelled to Spain and landed about an hour ago. This is the text you will get as soon as you land in an O2 travel area.

and talk about learning something new? I always thought the daily charge reset itself at midnight UK time. No..now it's midnight in the capital city of your travel destination.......:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 31

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You will get a different text if you are on free EU travel too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You will get a different text if you are on free EU travel too.

Yes but you know me. I took O2 travel off then put it back on (due to circumstances back home) so I have only ever had that text. I never use it though...Wifi being everywhere it's the wonderful Tugo that suits me..

Not sure if @Markojemo has that so I will just pop a link in here http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 31

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff o2 travel did use to be based on uk time. Midnight to midnight.  It was recently changed last year to the local time of the Capital of the country you are visiting now.

So for the USA it's Washington, however that doesn't help people when there in a different time zone in USA which has 6 of them lol  😳

Europe is much easier though

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 18 of 31

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I did wonder about how that would work out in the USA!

Currently using:
Message 19 of 31

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Yep the USA, Canada and Brazil. I may have missed another one, but it's very confusing

Also o2 travel does not work in Hawaii and Alaska even though the telephone networks are part of the USA.  However they work a little different in them regions if I remember correctly. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 20 of 31