Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insure are useless.

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Ok so, I had my iPhone swapped out as the old one was faulty. So from experience on these boards I know that you've got to update O2 insure with the new IMEI number, otherwise the policy is invalid for the new device.

Firstly 202 said nah it's fine you'll have to get a letter from Apple to say they swapped the phone if u need to claim, then having disputed this and demanding to be put through to O2 insure they tell me they can't do that (swap the IMEI number) and cut me off...

Argh, I've called 202 back and cancelled my policy. But the clincher? I've got to give 30 days notice, so I'm currently paying for insurance on a device I no longer have and nobody wants to take ownership of the issue at O2.

Official complaint being written right now, but come on O2 this crap needs to stop. CS is so often a complete shambles, and it honestly makes me consider continuing to be your customer...

Apologies for the rant, but I'm really annoyed right now!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
You don't say.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You don't say.....

I do actually...but never mind...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Indeed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 18

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Toby could u pass on that Krishna from complaints live chat dealt with this issue (just now) and finally resolved it to my satisfaction. 

O2 insure won't accept a change of IMEI but say they'd never penalise ppl for swapping a faulty phone. Thing is, evidence on these very forums suggests otherwise. I cancelled my policy, and in fact discovered I'm adequately covered on my contents policy anyway.

I've been offered and accepted a goodwill gesture for all the aggro of getting to the bottom of this, that with my policy cancelled is fine by me.

Message 14 of 18

jonsie
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Good to hear Charlie

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
We all know there is no way they'd pay out against a different IMEI number tho, don't we!

Currently using:
Message 17 of 18

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @gindygoo, I'll pass on your message. Glad you're all sorted!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 18