cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Despite having O2 Travel and having full signal/Internet bars, I cannot get on the internet when aborad. The only time I can access it is when using the Wi-Fi in a bar or hotel. I've checked my Data Roaming and it is switched on. However, I still get charged the daily usage for O2 Travel!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You will be charged the full amount for travel if you text or call too.
Data is hopelessly slow on o2 travel. It's an issue that's been very well documented on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If it's ok on Wifi @Anonymous then my advice is to use that whenever you can. I have now got into the habit when abroad of only using bars and restaurants which have their own Wifi....Luckily in the area I go to it's all over the place...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You may also want to try manually selecting a different network other than the auto selection for when you can't access wifi and also select 3g on the phone rather than 4g as some phones won't connect if 4g is selected (o2 don't have any 4g roaming agreements).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Can you get any internet at all.

if you are in Europe and have a iPhone, just make sure that the EU internet isn't switched on as this is used for something else.

you only need Data roaming on

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

if you are in Europe and have a iPhone, just make sure that the EU internet isn't switched on as this is used for something else.

That option has been removed from iOS10 now - I think it confused too many people.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

If you anything like my friend. She won't update anything lol.  I've only just done a iPhone 4 from its original release to iOS 9.3.4 I think. I said why have you never upgraded, I got. It works lol

just covering all bases as u never know 😇

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yeah for sure, I only mentioned it in case anyone was looking for it and couldn't find it slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Very true.  Was useless any how,  o2 didn't use it and I can't Rember if any other uk networks used it apart from Vodafone I think.

idea was good, but I don't think implementing it was. 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144143 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Very true mate....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10