cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle Is A SCAM!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to send a warning to anyone thinking of using O2 Recycle.

My situation was I saw the O2 Recycle when thinking of upgrading and when I honestly filled out the recylce valuation, it convinced me to get a new iPhone 7. Anyway, they offered me £214 for my iPhone 6 which was in immaculate condition, with no damage at all. Anyway, I send it off to them and then turn around and say we are not offering £214 anymore, its £40 take it or leave it. They claimed there was damage to the screen, which there isnt. I requested the phone sent back to me and eventually, it turned up. There is no damage to the phone at all. They also decided to throw away the original box I sent with it, so no I cant even sell it.

I am considering cancelling my contract with them as this service is a complete and utter scam.

Message 1 of 138
137 REPLIES 137

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sure is....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really wish I'd done my research before going along with this O2 Scam but trusted them as I've been a customer for about ten years and now have my kids on contracts with them.

iPhone 6s in perfect condition other than a couple of small minor scratches (which according to the O2 recycle site is acceptable), quote was £167, encouraging me to send it as soon as possible. Pre-paid pack to send it arrived a couple of days later, I followed the instructions and sent the handset.

Within a few days, I receive a revised offer email of £83 becuase the front case is cracked.

What rubbish, the phone was in perfect condition and will be asking for it back, if it is damaged then it was either by them or in transit meaning the packaging is not sufficient.

I'm fuming, as my three contracts with them expire, I will be moving to another mobile provider because this is disgusting.

Message 52 of 138

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@AnonymousSo many people have this same issue with O2 recycle. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we always advise people to take pictures of the phone (front and back etc) and let O2 know you have photos showing the condition. They tend not to scam you then.

The other way is to take the phone to CEX who will probably offer you more..then use that money to pay off the device..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 138

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It will be magically fixed,
Or a revised offer...
Message 54 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable
  1. Wish i read these threads before sending my phone for recycling to 02. Sent my samsung s7 told £45 then they sent email saying £9 as screen was broke and some  icons were burnt out. My screen was like new not a scratch on it. also all icons were ok when i used it. I told them to return my phone this is not the first time they have made mistakes.my screen as always  been protected  and i am very dissapointed with 02.
Message 55 of 138

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

wrote:
Wish i read these threads before sending my phone for recycling to 02. Sent my samsung s7 told £45 then they sent email saying £9 as screen was broke and so e icons were burnt out. My screen was like new not a scratch on it. also all icons were ok when i used it. I told them to return my phone this is not the first time they have made mistakes

It's a common occurrence @Anonymous

I would never use O2 Recycle, they rarely give you the price initially offered. Usually claiming water damage or screen defects. They are totally unscrupulous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 138

Anonymous
Not applicable
02 recycling is a scram
Message 57 of 138

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
How on earth can your icons burn out?
What the hell is an icon anyway wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 58 of 138

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Well that's certainly a new one! I'm guessing they asked the cleaner to have a look at it.....

Message 59 of 138

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Beggars belief !

Currently using:
Message 60 of 138