Did you mean: 

O2 Open and Friends and Family Discount Schemes

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

O2 Offer 3 discount schemes:

O2 Open is employer based (certain jobs qualify for discounts)

Latest O2 Open help pages here

Friends and Family (F&F) applys if you have friends or family working for O2.

O2 Student Offers

All offer discount of the airtime portion of your refresh contract only.

Open is 15 or 25% depending on tariff (see T&C's FAQ )

F&F is 50%.

Student is 20%

A summary of Open T&C's are here T&C's and here for students studentoffer (follow the link for details on how to sign up to UniDays.

For F&F the employee of O2 needs to register here http://www.o2justforyou.co.uk/ and it is their responsibilty to process the discount for you. So they will need your account details.

Here is the sign-up page for Open: SignUp

To claim your open discount, 

text "OPEN" followed by your open code, mobile number, name and postcode to 2020 (We believe this still works, although the official route is now to take your code in store to be verified).

To claim your F&F discount the employee member must confirm and process the request.

To claim your student discount text your code to 61202 from any mobile.

You will receive a confirmation text back that says you will be notified when your request is processed.

The F&F discount can also be applied to simo contracts and PAYG accounts but at all times the contracts must be taken directly with O2 (no 3rd party resellers) and notable exclusions always apply to new iPhone launches (check T&C's for full details).

Hope this helps in explaining the different schemes and claim processes.

Please read the FAQ's carefully as there have been other significant changes, such as no longer allowing customers to share their code up to 5 times. You can now only use it twice. Once for a Mobile Refresh contract and once for a Mobile Broadband Refresh contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can no longer share your code, I believe.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 71 of 87

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
That is correct. Latest T&Cs show it is now for the employee only. I'm guessing there has been too many instances where codes have been shared and they have a large number of people now in the scheme who aren't employee's of registered companies.

Still, it could be viewed both ways, as those who share the code are bringing in custom to O2 where they may have otherwise gone elsewhere.
Message 72 of 87

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good point.
I wonder how many still go ahead with contract at full price or go to another network......?

Currently using:
Message 73 of 87

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Updated OP with latest info.

Currently using:
Message 74 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Updated OP with latest info.

Great Rich. If O2 keep their Terms and Conditions updated along with their FAQ's there should be no issues (for a while)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 75 of 87

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Of course - but that is out of our control.

Currently using:
Message 76 of 87

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

If we do the KB guides though, you can edit them any time slight_smile

We can also report any missing/re-worded info to the web team to update if needed guys

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 77 of 87

Debian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The codes are based on your work - 

NHS - NHS01

Army - ARM01

Amalgamated Racing Limited - ARL01

You then need your valid work email, which ties in to your code to be able to apply.

Message 78 of 87

lc08
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you tell me if the F&F is available to staff members that work for Capita on the o2 department

Message 79 of 87

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@lc08 wrote:

Can you tell me if the F&F is available to staff members that work for Capita on the o2 department

My mate left O2 when it was all outsourced to Capita so I don't know, but I'll tag @Martin-O2 to ask for you.

Currently using:
Message 80 of 87