cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Employer Code

Anonymous
Not applicable
So as of today the system for O2 open has been tweaked to try and reduce the abuse of the system.

Yesterday I bought a new phone contract, and I discussed in store about applying a discount using O2 open. I was told to head to the website and put in the details and such, however I'm lost when it comes to the employer code. The website suggests you speak to the HR department.

I am in the army reserve and we don't have a central HR department. The closest it might be is the clerks and they have no idea what I am talking about when I asked about the O2 code.
I've got all my verification details ready to go but I can't proceed past the first stage because I don't have the employers code.

If anyone else has had some success at this or could point me in the right direction of where to ask that would be useful.

Thanks
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Markojemo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 52 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Any update on this?

I work for the NHS and have had the same problem after renewing my contract last Friday  - HR for my hospital has no idea about a any 5 digit code and O2 store/O2 live chat can only advise that I speak to HR.

Thanks

My employer is registered on the scheme and like yours hadnt had any notification of the change to procedure. It took one of the HR guys to chase O2 in order to get the code for my company so I could register unfortuantley.The codes do seem to exist, its just the getting them is a nightmare

Message 51 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Literally within minutes of me posting this I had a news bulletin email from work with the o2 open scheme details included, so hopefully the new scheme details are now getting to employers & they can pass them on to the employees!

Message 52 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous having worked in the NHS for years I know the dept has usually got 1000's of staff to manage and it might be low priority for them :smileysad:. You need someone from HR to take ownership of this. Probably find someone who is on contract with O2. I suspect they would be in more of a hurry to get the code.

If they haven't already got it, you may need to put your request in writing to the HR dept. (thats what I would be doing anyway :smileywink:)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.

Literally within minutes of me posting this I had a news bulletin email from work with the o2 open scheme details included, so hopefully the new scheme details are now getting to employers & they can pass them on to the employees!

Great news. We were posting at the same time so ignore my last comment. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 77

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Good to hear the memo's are getting through now slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 55 of 77

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Just to let you all know.  I've been onto o2 chat tonight and they were able to give me my company code in about 5 mins.  They were extremely helpful. 

Ive now registered the code and no problems as it's there now for future use when I needed it.

its a simple process if you request the email to be sent to your company email, other wise you need to send them a payslip etc.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 57 of 77

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The next questions we'll get is "who is eligible?"
Has anyone ever seen a list of companies in the scheme?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 58 of 77

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I know. I was thinking that.

i just checked on chat and was told yes,  I knew we were any how. 

Its a a shame you can't type in the company name as you could with the old system and check with a yes or no

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 59 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I once asked for a list of company names. I was told there wasn't an exhaustive list as they were adding to them all the time

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 77