cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Employer Code

Anonymous
Not applicable
So as of today the system for O2 open has been tweaked to try and reduce the abuse of the system.

Yesterday I bought a new phone contract, and I discussed in store about applying a discount using O2 open. I was told to head to the website and put in the details and such, however I'm lost when it comes to the employer code. The website suggests you speak to the HR department.

I am in the army reserve and we don't have a central HR department. The closest it might be is the clerks and they have no idea what I am talking about when I asked about the O2 code.
I've got all my verification details ready to go but I can't proceed past the first stage because I don't have the employers code.

If anyone else has had some success at this or could point me in the right direction of where to ask that would be useful.

Thanks
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

These words from the T&C's suggest companies have to approach O2 to register?

Eligibility & Participation
   1.1 To be eligible for O2 Open (the “Scheme”), you must be currently employed by a company or organisation that has successfully registered for O2 Open (“Eligible Employee”)’

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

OK..so how does it stand currently? Will those companies who have been part of the scheme up to now have to re-register....or will they be transferred over?

This is a half assed ill thought out scheme.

A bit like a senior nursing manager making a policy change which states "all staff need to be trained in CPR within 28 days of appointment"...only to find we have no equipment to train them. Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 77

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We'll not know until @Toby comes back to us.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 43 of 77

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
So here is the reply from my employer. They clearly haven't been updated on this change.

Jasmin (Customer Experience)
1 Feb, 12:10 pm EST

Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting us! The five digit code is generated by O2 when you register with them via the below guidelines:

1. Go to the O2 Open Website at www.o2open.co.uk
2. Enter your details to create your own O2 Open account.
3. When logging in for the first time, O2 will send you a verification code to your phone to check your details, then enter it on screen when you are ready.
4. Have a look at our range of great rewards and benefits.
5. See one you like? They'll text you a voucher code. You can take this in store to get the offer.
6. Alternatively you can call the O2 helpline on 0800 0810486 (new customers) or 0800 0321402 (existing O2 customers).

I hope this was helpful! If you have any further questions, you can continue this conversation by replying via email or on the site.

Kind regards,
Jasmin
Colleague Offers
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 44 of 77

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

The information is freely available and readily accessible. ..to one man and his dog!! wink

Message 45 of 77

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We're looking into this now. Thanks for flagging!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 46 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue here. Work for the Police and since the change, my force isn't even listed all of a sudden having had 202 check. The person I spoke to on "chat" kept repeating the same instruction over and over no matter how many times I told them I needed the five digit code. Pretty frustrating.
Message 47 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous.our community head @Toby is looking into this. If you pop back tomorrow you may have an answer. We are telling people that the company HR department should be asking for the code. No idea what your set up is at work but that's as much as we know to date wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 77

MI5
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
All we know is that O2 are supposed to be issuing codes, but it seems they either haven't done so yet or their communications have been missed/lost?

Currently using:
Message 49 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this?

I work for the NHS and have had the same problem after renewing my contract last Friday  - HR for my hospital has no idea about a any 5 digit code and O2 store/O2 live chat can only advise that I speak to HR.

Thanks

Message 50 of 77