cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Employer Code

Anonymous
Not applicable
So as of today the system for O2 open has been tweaked to try and reduce the abuse of the system.

Yesterday I bought a new phone contract, and I discussed in store about applying a discount using O2 open. I was told to head to the website and put in the details and such, however I'm lost when it comes to the employer code. The website suggests you speak to the HR department.

I am in the army reserve and we don't have a central HR department. The closest it might be is the clerks and they have no idea what I am talking about when I asked about the O2 code.
I've got all my verification details ready to go but I can't proceed past the first stage because I don't have the employers code.

If anyone else has had some success at this or could point me in the right direction of where to ask that would be useful.

Thanks
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

So @Toby why do the so called t&c since Aug 2016 mention this new 5 character code and only now is the change being implemented http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-open but now these t&c have dropped the August date as well ! Since checked this morning ?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 31 of 77

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Never suggested it was right - just factual.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

So @Toby why do the so called t&c since Aug 2016 mention this new 5 character code and only now is the change being implemented http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/o2-open but now these t&c have dropped the August date as well ! Since checked this morning ?

Moving goalposts. I clicked on your link as soon as you posted it@adamtemp64. Definitely stated August 2016

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 77

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Cleoriff wish I had a screen grab now

@Toby I fear a lot of trouble will be on its way, the way this change to o2 open has been handled and as usual poorly communicated

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 34 of 77

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes they did. I even made reference to them not being updated since Aug 16.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 77

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

@Cleoriff wish I had a screen grab now

Here, have mine....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/...

cache.PNG

Currently using:
Message 36 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Well done Rich wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so as this has caused a huge fuss here in the forums, I decided it would be best to get in touch with O2.

Now here is where it gets interesting,

On saturday i contacted the live chat to ask about the O2 open discount, They advised me to use the system as before to get the discount code, which worked. They told me to take it in store and get it verfied and added to the account.

So on tuesday when I went to pick up my new phone I asked about it, the store staff told me that they stopped adding discounts in store and customers had to do it themselves as of 16th of december or something. We then had a look to see if the Army was signed up to the ssytem and it was with over 18,000 people elegible. They then explained to me that the system was changing as of 1st of febuary and i would have to wait till today to apply the discount. 

So I went to my unit to ask about the code, they have no idea what the code is or that there even was a code.

This morning i Contacted the live chat again and they told me to follow the old steps again, I had to tell them several times before they realised they were giving me the wrong information, they spoke with their manager and told me to call 202 and that if I rang 202 I could get hold of the employers codes as the live chat people didnt have access to them.

So I rang 202 and spoke with a very nice young lady who was very helpful, she hadnt been made aware of the change either and began by advising me to follow the steps before, until she realised that i was asking about something else. She spoke to her manager and the manager hadnt been told either. 

Anyway, she proceeded to look up the employers to see if she could get hold of the code as the people at work didnt know about the code. She tried searching for the Army under the list of eledgible employers and it didnt come up, nor did MOD, Armed services, Defence Discount Service or a few other names we tried. I even tried individual units. which was strange as it was there yesterday when I was in store as just "Army". She did some digging and has found that the Army isnt on their list, obviously theres a good few hundred employers on the list and I didnt expect ehr to go through them all to look for an alternative name that the army might be listed under.

Anyway, she has escalated the issue and will give me a ring back tomorrow if there is any updates. Thats all I could find out on my end. No one at O2 seems to have a clue what has happened with this switch over, so will be interesting to see what happens. I still have another 26 days to sort this out before the cut off.

also, if you applied for O2 open before the 1st of febuary, and received a discount code, I belive you can still apply it in the conventional method. Thats not for certain, I just over heard the phone operator reading through the guidance they have on the new system. 

Message 38 of 77

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No surprises that they didn't tell CS either !

Currently using:
Message 39 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

What an almighty mess. So apparently plowing through all of that.... 'Army' can't get the discount now. (along with 100's of other companies I suspect)  *Sighs*....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 77