cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Employer Code

Anonymous
Not applicable
So as of today the system for O2 open has been tweaked to try and reduce the abuse of the system.

Yesterday I bought a new phone contract, and I discussed in store about applying a discount using O2 open. I was told to head to the website and put in the details and such, however I'm lost when it comes to the employer code. The website suggests you speak to the HR department.

I am in the army reserve and we don't have a central HR department. The closest it might be is the clerks and they have no idea what I am talking about when I asked about the O2 code.
I've got all my verification details ready to go but I can't proceed past the first stage because I don't have the employers code.

If anyone else has had some success at this or could point me in the right direction of where to ask that would be useful.

Thanks
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys.
After Googling and coming across this thread, I couldn't find the answer so I called O2 and they provided me with the 5-digit code for O2 Open.

For the Armed Forces, it's "ARM01". After that just use your military email address or upload a payslip.

I hope this helps!

Message 71 of 77

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It would appear to be an abbreviation of your employer with 01 on the end, ie NHS01, ARM01, etc.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 72 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's interesting to know and pretty easy to remember as long as you know the correct abbreviation for your employer....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 73 of 77

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm sure you could have a good guess too wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 74 of 77

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys.
After Googling and coming across this thread, I couldn't find the answer so I called O2 and they provided me with the 5-digit code for O2 Open.

For the Armed Forces, it's "ARM01". After that just use your military email address or upload a payslip.

I hope this helps!

Very helpful thanks for sharing @Anonymous! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 75 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

This will probably get the most obvious answer, but here goes..

I already know my companies new 5 digit o2 open code, but I know things have changed since I last activated o2 open. When I did it before, I just went instore and they pretty much added it for me, I didn't need any work email or payslip, etc. (I haven't upgraded yet so still blind to the new process).

We don't have work emails at my company, so my option would be to upload a payslip.

My question is.. How do I upload it? Does it need to be scanned onto the computer, then upload the file, or will a picture taken on my phone, then uploaded be fine? Because if it's the former, then I can't do it as I don't have access to a scanner. Also, can I upload more than 1 picture as my company name is on the front of the payslip, and the other information they want to see is on the inside of it?

Probably really obvious, but I need/want to know before upgrading. Thanks in advance!

Message 76 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

Arm01

Message 77 of 77