cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Employer Code

Anonymous
Not applicable
So as of today the system for O2 open has been tweaked to try and reduce the abuse of the system.

Yesterday I bought a new phone contract, and I discussed in store about applying a discount using O2 open. I was told to head to the website and put in the details and such, however I'm lost when it comes to the employer code. The website suggests you speak to the HR department.

I am in the army reserve and we don't have a central HR department. The closest it might be is the clerks and they have no idea what I am talking about when I asked about the O2 code.
I've got all my verification details ready to go but I can't proceed past the first stage because I don't have the employers code.

If anyone else has had some success at this or could point me in the right direction of where to ask that would be useful.

Thanks
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Thought maybe they could now publish the list with relevant codes?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 61 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable
After I got the issue escalated on the phone, I got the code for the company on the phone. Not sure why we should have to obtain it through HR if we can ring up and get it.

There we go, seems like the system is all in place now. My discount has been applied and sounds like others are starting to get theirs too.
Message 62 of 77

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I'm sure they don't want o2 CS overloaded with calls to give out discount codes though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 63 of 77

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

They must have a list on the Companion site so why not just publish it, verification is still needed anyway.

Message 64 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working for airbus, has anyone got the code for them at all? I have everything else ready to send , there very slow at replying and helping with this 😢 thanks

Message 65 of 77

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You need to ask your HR department
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-H...

Currently using:
Message 66 of 77

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

None of the members here can give you the code I'm afraid. Help from the Open website :

How can I find out if my employer has signed up for O2 Open?

You’ll need to check with your employer to see if they’re registered for O2 Open. If they are, you’ll need the five character O2 Open company code which is unique to your employer. The person to speak to will be your employer’s HR or benefits manager. Alternatively, contact O2 Customer Service on 202 or our Online Web chat team and they will be able to provide this.

Message 67 of 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well got my new code from o2 via a link from my employer ,,,ITS 8 caracters long and dated 25/02/17 and states NEW OPEN CODE i have also scaned my pay slip well a bit to verify whom i work for ,still awaiting a response ,as i do not have a works e-mail ,think i might just take the phone back in the 14 day cooling off period

Message 68 of 77

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Entirely your choice, of course, but have you checked if you have the discount bolt on applied in your MyO2?
Also, when was it you applied as it takes a few days to process ?
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Currently using:
Message 69 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Yes. You may be acting a bit hastily there @Anonymous. Particularly as you wont get O2 open with any other network....Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 77