cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Discount Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone can help with this. Not actually a problem for myself. My partner has just upgraded early to a new o2 refresh contract today and is eligible for an o2 open discount on her contract as she works for Tesco. She has already registered for it around February 2017 and everything was accepted(all the correct documents, payslips etc..) so when she clicks add discount it keeps asking her to re-register. So when she tries to re-register it's telling her this National Insurance number is already in use. Tried calling o2 and the advisors didn't know what to do. She is eligible for the discount so it's weird why she is running into these problems with applying it after upgrading today.

Unsure what to do. So if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Joe.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You could always try a complaint. Details on the contract link.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Check the new rules detailed here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-H...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, Thanks very much for the reply. She has already adhered to and complied with all the new rules and been accepted already. The problem mentioned above still persists. Thank you.

Regards.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Only customer service can sort that mate.
We're all customers like yourself.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried calling them mate with no help. One advisor even asked if she couldn't get her national insurance number changed 😂 So thought I'd post on here to be pointed in the right direction and get more appropriate answers.

Thanks anyway slight_smile

Regards,
Joe.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You could always try a complaint. Details on the contract link.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks mate. I'll send an email along 👍
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good luck mate

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8