Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Contact Preferences

pdfbt40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there a way to see what My Contact Preferences are and edit them, without having to pay for a call to customer services or online chat (who don't know what I'm talking about), Which actually works?!

Marketing messages (buy this, but that) has the following end to the advertising.

" To stop these offers, call 2220"

Call the number and I'm reassured its a free call. A message which assures me I can change preferences here.  Then ALWAYS a message its very busy, please callback in an hour or so!!
And when I say always, early hours of the morning, morning, noon, afternoon and night.

The alternative seems to be from My O2 on the website or the App on my phone.  Unfortunately select on either and all I get is a "timer" above "Loading information...".  Which it never does.

So is O2 promising ability to edit Contact Preferences but actually has a fixed default which can't be accessed to change, and seems to be also hidden from Online Chat/Customer Services?.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The problem is that there are so many marketers with so many numbers.

Ive just gone into the app and there is an option to stop all O2 texts and calls under contact preferences. 

Obviously this won't stop 3rd party and trusted (?) partners calling but I don't think changing marketing preferences on the website works anyway. 

In just under a month that I've been back in England I have had 2 phone calls trying to sell me a phone even though my preferences are set to off.

So even if O2 are complying with your settings, they are selling on your number and details no matter how much they deny it. 

Message 11 of 14

pdfbt40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you Jonsie.

What they is to choose and the ability to do so is all I'm after. I'd get around whether it works later!

At the moment, as I've described, I am not even been able to get there down any of the, I think its 4, routes available.
What's most disappointing is that online chat (free) and phone customer services (charged) claim to not know what I'm asking about as I describe the steps in My O2.
One reason given is they don't have access to My O2 web app so can't follow along?
Another highly questionable reason is because I'm on a Classic Pay and Go. Now why would that mean I cant control contact preference? And if true, why does it appear as a selectable menu option?

Think I'll have to ask a real human in a shop.
That was the ONLY way I could get my Mobile Data turned on with 2 new SIMs.
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't have thought you could get marketing preferences on a payg account as they wouldn't want to offer you anything as they value contract customers more

Message 13 of 14

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys

I just don't know how to help here Cry It works for all of us [and I am PAYG too] here so we are just waiting for O2 technical team to see if they can help us more. Any information you can give us to help... Thanks!

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 14 of 14