Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Contact Preferences

pdfbt40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there a way to see what My Contact Preferences are and edit them, without having to pay for a call to customer services or online chat (who don't know what I'm talking about), Which actually works?!

Marketing messages (buy this, but that) has the following end to the advertising.

" To stop these offers, call 2220"

Call the number and I'm reassured its a free call. A message which assures me I can change preferences here.  Then ALWAYS a message its very busy, please callback in an hour or so!!
And when I say always, early hours of the morning, morning, noon, afternoon and night.

The alternative seems to be from My O2 on the website or the App on my phone.  Unfortunately select on either and all I get is a "timer" above "Loading information...".  Which it never does.

So is O2 promising ability to edit Contact Preferences but actually has a fixed default which can't be accessed to change, and seems to be also hidden from Online Chat/Customer Services?.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

You can check and change in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

choices.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

hello @pdfbt40, welcome to the O2 community!

Can you try @MI5 advice and let us know? It works for me too. Can you help us and giving us more information? Thanks! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried for months myself & that particular page never loads for me
Message 4 of 14

pdfbt40
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tell me what you want to know and I'll expand/pad out the description.  I'll even waste my time on screen shots.

MI5.

What is the difference between what I wrote and what you've asked me to do??  NOTHING.

No your right. On my website my More options are  My Orders; My contact preferences.  And it doesn't work!!

Message 5 of 14

pdfbt40
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Lovemyphone,

I always think I've cracked up when talking to Customer Services and their minions.

Have you ever tried and got through on 2220? Neither O2 accolite has comment on that.
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sorry it doesn't work for you but it's nothing we can fix if that's the case.
You will need to call customer services, 202 if on contract (free) or 4445 if PAYG (25p per call or free on big bundles), but you probably know that already too so sorry if it's nothing different.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

pdfbt40
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Do you actually read a post or just dive straight in. As I said.
" a call to customer services or online chat (who don't know what I'm talking about),"

I'm also sorry that you've interfered if you had nothing to actually add, or the ability to comment for O2 why services don't work which is what I ACTUALLY asked.

Still its important to keep you post rate up even if solutions only run at 10%!

Are you sure your not affiliated to O2?. They always try to move me to an (unsuitable) big bundle to solve everything as well.
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good luck mate and thanks for your life lesson.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I haven't @pdfbt40 I just block any strange or unknown numbers that attempt too call me

Message 10 of 14