cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat & Unlock Device portal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is Live Chat not available? I have been trying for 2 days to contact someone. Calling phone number results in very long wait - I gave up.

Unlocking Phone site is also not available for the last 2 days. 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you tried to unlock through your MyO2 or manually?
Help for both methods here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you tried to unlock through your MyO2 or manually?
Help for both methods here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community! Have you had any luck unlocking your handset? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Martin,

Not really. Managed to submit the form to unlock an old form, only for an email to arrive to say the security answer was incorrect. All well and good, but it is wasting my time - if I spoke to a human being I could have done this light years ago!

The Unlock Device portal is still down!

And what has happened to Live Chat?

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to the lovely O2 lady who has just helped me out. You can't beat a human being!

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you to the lovely O2 lady who has just helped me out. You can't beat a human being!

This is very true @Anonymous. Normally speaking to someone (a human)  resolves issues much more quickly wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Top marks for persevering @Anonymous as you've certainly been sent around the houses... 

Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm really pleased that you have got this sorted @Anonymous! Please do let us know if you have any further questions slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9