cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Claim taking forever

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I dropped my iPhone 6 plus in the bath ad also have a smashed screen. I have accidental damage cover on it so got my ex partner to submit a claim for me (he's the account holder). The claim was submitted 3 or 4 weeks ago and we've not heard a thing. He can't be free to contact them all the time due to work, will they let me chase it up since I know all the relevant security info and it's registered to my bank account etc. or should I take it as it's been declined?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Chase it up with CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus as you should have heard something by now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Chase it up with CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus as you should have heard something by now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
But can I do that since I'm not the account holder?
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you can pass the security checks you should be OK.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Smashed screen was that at the same time or serparate inccident. Plus when you made the claim did you say you dropped it in the bath. This may cause a delay in repair or replacment as your not the account holder that caused the damage think your still covered though looking at the T and Cs . Had the phone been use in the last 14 days before this. Maybe thats why the long delay. 

2. Definitions In this policy the following words and phrases have the meanings set out below Accidental Loss loss of Your Equipment in one of the following circumstances: a. You have unintentionally left Your Equipment in any location and it has then disappeared; b. Your Equipment is in a known location, but You are not reasonably able to retrieve it; c. Your Equipment has disappeared and You are not sure how and Accidentally Lost shall be construed accordingly. Airtime Agreement Your agreement with Telefónica UK Limited (O2) which sets out the terms of the purchase by You of Your Equipment and the provision of airtime by O2 for your Equipment. Claim a request by You for any of the entitlements and benefits under this policy. 5 Damage physical damage to Your Equipment which is either: - caused by an unexpected and unintended incident and/or impact; or - caused intentionally by someone other than you that prevents it from working properly, and Damaged shall be construed accordingly

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 5 of 5