cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gloucestershire - MAST FAILURE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let everyone else know that there is a MAST failure in Gloucestershire (I don't know HOW FAR from me it is!) but it has been down since 9pm last night - and 12 hours later O2 DON'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG!!! Nor do they know how LONG it will be out of action - "It could be a couple of days"..... NOT FUNNY!!!

Is anyone else having problems? I have a Windows Nokia Lumina, and it won't go to 2G - so I am totally stuffed - and I know that people are trying to contact me and are just going straight to voicemail! Argh!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi JudeCat.

First port of call, check the signal in your post code are at http://status.o2.co.uk/ - that should give you information on our last reported state of the mast(s) in your area.

If it shows all clear, O2 may not be aware of is, give them a ring on 0844 809 02 02 (Pay Monthly) or 0844 809 02 22 (Pay & Go) and ask to report a network fault.

Hope you get signal back soon.

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel Judecat.....My mobile is my only means of communication as I do not own a landline....I have two snall babies and a husband on tour who can not contact me at all....SO SO frustarting!!!! I can not believe they can not give an time as to when this problem will be resloved!!!!

And there customer services just give me a number to ring to contact the network support team which is not helpful at all considering I can not use the phone to call out!!!.,, I hope this is sorted soon!!

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel Judecat.....My mobile is my only means of communication as I do not own a landline....I have two snall babies and a husband on tour who can not contact me at all....SO SO frustarting!!!! I can not believe they can not give an time as to when this problem will be resloved!!!!

And there customer services just give me a number to ring to contact the network support team which is not helpful at all considering I can not use the phone to call out!!!.,, I hope this is sorted soon!!

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have done both - I expected it to be fixed by this morning! But no - in addition it doesn't say WHAT is wrong, or how LONG it will be out of action! Since my daughter and I are both on O2, it kind of messes up our communication!! (not to mention those who are trying to contact me!).. Hey ho, I am going back to bed, as I have a nasty lurgy, and if nothing else the mobile won't be ringing and waking me up! (Possibly the only benefit of having a failure on the Mast!!)

Message 5 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Have done both - I expected it to be fixed by this morning! But no - in addition it doesn't say WHAT is wrong, or how LONG it will be out of action! Since my daughter and I are both on O2, it kind of messes up our communication!! (not to mention those who are trying to contact me!).

They can't give out that as they don't know, by the time they do it will be fixed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
A little information would be vastly better than the error message that is on the site at the moment :
Sorry we're currently investigating reports that a phone mast in this area isn't working.
This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending / receiving emails in this area.
Updated 15:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet
BORING! Getting seriously frustrated with it all now - it's resulted in having to "chat" via email - and being ill at the moment is the last thing I want to do!
Message 7 of 19

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sorry there is no more info you can get on this.

Keep warm and get yourself better! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I ask something? Would it really make a difference if you knew what the issue was? I mean that in all seriousness/sincerety.

For me, who isn't a network engineer, knowing what the issue is wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me, because I wouldn't understand the issue or how to fix it.

I reckon its best just to say "we know theres a problem, something's not working properly, we're on it and will fix it as fast as we can".

For what its worth I know they can't provide timescales - they don't want to promise you it will be fixed in a day just in case it's not. That would make you even more unhappy.
Message 9 of 19

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Can I ask something? Would it really make a difference if you knew what the issue was?

For me, who isn't a network engineer, knowing what the issue is wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to me, because I wouldn't understand the issue or how to fix it.

I reckon its best just to say "we know theres a problem, something's not working properly, we're on it and will fix it as fast as we can".

I agree, you wouldn't understand if they told you, I would rather leave them to fix it.

Message 10 of 19